Friday, May 17, 2013

Mom Pride

I am so Mom Proud of my oldest son.  He's 13. 

Last night I was getting things together because I am leaving for the weekend.  All the boys will be home alone while my daughter and I are off for a weekend of dog agility.  And as all over zealous mom's do I was worrying about what they would cook and if everyone had enough clean clothes to wear. 

Hubby had food under control.  He's a grown man who has known about this weekend for months.  His mom taught him to be self sufficient.  Thank you, MIL!  And really 3 of my 4 boys can cook and the 4th can make cereal and microwave stuff.  My kitchen is usually stocked.  So I let it go.  They will eat pizza and burgers all weekend.  Man bonding and all that.

Next I was gathering clothes to make sure everyone had enough clothes for the weekend and Monday.  Monday is the last day of school and after a weekend of travel I do not want to come home and wash clothes.  So I set the younger two boys off to lay out clothes and bring me whatever they were missing.  Finally, I asked my oldest if he needed anything and he gave me that look. 

If you've ever had a teenage son you know the look.  The one that says, 'Really, mom, did you really just say that?' And then he replied, "I can do my own laundry," in that tone reserved for people who ask stupid questions. 

Yep, my baby is growing up and I'm so proud.  I have taught him to be self sufficient.  Plus I didn't have to wash his clothes.  Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment